Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

On Health...


Healing is a matter of time, but it is 
sometimes also a matter of opportunity. 

I learned to meditate when I was 18 years old and it saved my soul during my University years. For some reason I fell out of the practise during my 30’s but as my life unravelled in my early forties, I once again began to meditate. At age 51, I meditate at least four times a day and it has become such a natural way for me to live. Some of the meditations I do are simple and brief like the one I do in the shower every morning, while others are guided and specific. I meditate before I make an important decision and I meditate after I exercise, during my cool down. 
The month of January is always a time for me to reflect on my present health and set goals for the new year. Besides becoming Paleo creatures a few months ago and pulling out our juicer from storage, this year the big change I made surrounded meditation. After my daily run and strength training, I have been engaged in a specific health meditation with Marianne Williamson from her Meditations for a Miraculous Life. Her voice is soothing and comforting and I never tire of hearing her speak. I love this particular meditation and have noticed my body loves it too.
And so… as I offer out my thanks for the miracle of my body and send prayerful light to different areas of it, I too know that I am “literally boosting my immune system.”
I have had wonderfully rich discussions with many about the power of meditation and invite you to share your thoughts and/or practises with me here.
~ Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment