Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Word for 2013

The word peace has shown itself to me intermittently over the years. Throughout November and December, however, I took note of it showing up more frequently.
In any given situation, I have a choice and I can choose peace in response to all else.
Will I consistently choose it?
Probably not.
In spite of this, what I endeavour to do this year, is to recognize my feelings surrounding a situation, acknowledge those feelings, breathe through them and attempt to choose peace in response to what is going on inside me and around me.
For a few years now, I have worked through A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson. I have yet to get through the entire course and have settled with the decision that that is okay. Maybe each point, at which my being stops, is where I need to just pause; let ideas in the course ruminate. The cool thing is, is that a few of the ideas in the course keep cropping up for me. One of those thoughts is, “I can choose peace, rather than this.” I love it and have noticed situations diffuse when I smile warmly, consciously breathe and step into peace.
This undertaking sounds simple, but I actually laughed aloud and shook my head when I realized what was before me, knowing that it is not an easy task, nevertheless one worth accepting.
I continue to be grateful for this and all else and will be gentle on myself, knowing that peace has chosen me. 
~ Ellyn

No comments:

Post a Comment