Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A thank you...


If you listen closely, you can hear the trees speaking to you. At least this is what my minister Barbara has told me. She experiences it in a way that she understands. I don’t hear their voices, with my ears, but I am drawn to them, write about them and have begun to paint them.
The largest tree in our yard is a poplar that was continually mowed over by my husband’s father. Finally, he decided that it wanted to grow there and he let it be. For over ten years now, it has been one of the trees that houses my son’s and daughter’s largest tree house. The other evening, when my dad and his lady friend were walking outdoors, the tree played the most beautiful music for her. These occurrences make me smile warmly and I am grateful that she told me of its singing.  

Last evening I attended a presentation whereby I was introduced to Energy Medicine. I have worked a little bit with my own body energy but only in a very basic manner, using affirmations/prayers to focus on what is important in my life in any given moment, deep and conscious breathing so as to turn my energy from a low and slow way of being to a higher and faster way, and reading my body energy to understand more fully what is ailing me. However, Donna Eden’s readily and easily comprehensible methods and exercises were welcoming and enlightening. “EnergyMedicine awakens energies that bring vitality, joy, and enthusiasm to your life -- and greater health to your body, mind, and spirit! Balancing your energies balances your chemistry and hormones, helps you feel better, and helps you think better. And it empowers you to adapt and even flourish.” Donna Eden
Trees singing, energy medicine, what does this all mean to me right now and why am I connecting the two?
Quantum physics has revealed that everything is composed of energy and that all apparent realities are simply created by thoughts. “Like an artist painting on canvas, we choose our [colours] and images and paint the life in front of us with our thoughts and beliefs.” Lisa Lewis
Aha! Like an artist painting on canvas! 
I am a writer and when I haven’t written in a while, my throat gets sore and scratchy and I need to take my pen in hand and communicate, sometimes to others, but mostly to myself. I am trying to remember if it has been two weeks or three weeks since I wrote last. That is too long for me and so as I finished watering and pruning trees this morning, I grounded myself, breathed easily, smiled warmly and sat down to write. Thank you to the people who created the presentation and discussion last night and to the trees for encouraging me back into this writing space of mine. I am grateful for your acceptance and wisdom, because as I sit here honouring you, my throat is clear and I am ready to paint poplars, and continue healing me…
~ Ellyn

1 comment:

  1. Ellyn, I read a comment on http://rickackerly.com/2011/03/02/parenting-toward-happiness/ over a year ago in which you talked about your son the diplomat. I would love to know more. (rackerly@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete